Obvious Errors & Resettlement
BetMGM makes every effort to ensure that we do not make any errors in prices offered or wagers accepted. However, if as a result of mechanical, technical, or human error, BetMGM offers, or a patron places, a wager in Obvious Error, BetMGM reserves the right to either (i) settle winning wagers at the “correct price,” as reasonably determined by BetMGM, or (ii) void any wagers placed in Obvious Error. Obvious Errors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Wagers offered or placed on events after the outcome is already known;
- Wagers offered or placed on markets where incorrect participants are listed;
- Wagers offered or placed on markets where participants are incorrectly designated or listed in the incorrect order (e.g., Home Team listed as Away);
- Wagers offered or placed at odds that are materially different from those available in the general betting market for a given event at the time the wager was placed;
- Wagers offered or placed at odds which reflect an incorrect score situation; or
- Wagers offered or placed at odds being clearly incorrect given the probability of the event occurring (or not occurring) at the time the wager was placed (exclusive of certain special offerings or “odds boosts” advertised as such).
BetMGM reserves the right, at its own discretion, to declare a wager void, totally or partly, if any of the following circumstances have occurred:
- A wager has been offered, placed, and/or accepted containing an Obvious Error;
- A wager has been offered, placed, and/or accepted on a sporting event or team that is not approved by the state regulator;
- A wager is placed and/or accepted while the sportsbook was encountering mechanical, technical, or systemic problems, which would not have been accepted but for that problem;
- A wager or result has been affected (directly or indirectly) by illegal activity; or
- A wager is placed and/or accepted on a market that is voided in its entirety (e.g., for an incomplete or abandoned event).
BetMGM prohibits parlay wagers that include two or more outcomes that are, or could turn out to be, related (e.g., Team X to win 7-0 and Team X to win the game). BetMGM takes all necessary steps to prevent acceptance of these prohibited parlay wagers. However, if such a parlay wager is placed, BetMGM reserves the right, solely at its own discretion, to declare void some or all parts of the parlay wager that includes the related outcomes at odds that do not account for the related contingency. This provision does not apply to parlay wagers placed through One Game Parlay or parlay wagers that are explicitly identified as special offerings.
Markets are generally settled shortly after the end of the event in question. BetMGM may settle (or partially-settle) some markets before the official result is declared purely as a customer service benefit. However, BetMGM reserves the right to amend the settlement of the market if:
- The official result is different than the result on which BetMGM initially settled the market; or
- The whole market is eventually voided (e.g., for an incomplete or abandoned event).
BetMGM reserves the right to reverse the settlement of a market if a market is settled in error. BetMGM reserves the right to take any necessary action, without prior notice and within reasonable limits, to adjust any inaccuracy in a customer’s account due to a settlement error, including through the reversal, amendment, or cancellation, of any subsequent transaction. BetMGM will notify the patron following such action.
As a result of a market resettlement, BetMGM may amend an account balance and/or deduct funds from a customer’s account.
BetMGM reserves the right to reverse the settlement of, and take necessary action to correct, a customer-initiated Cash Out of a wager that was affected by a technical, pricing, or settlement error at any time between the original placement of the wager and the Cash Out. That necessary action may include, but is not limited to, resettling the impacted wager at a value that would reflect the proper Cash Out value.